Subject: Re: New submission: RFS
To: None <gimpl@us.ibm.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/1999 12:36:35
gimpl@us.ibm.com writes:
> What I'm at a loss for is how to use patch to create a directory
worth of files.

diff -N (or cvs diff -N).  8-)

>   I need
> to add /usr/src/sys/rfs and /usr/src/sbin/mount_rfs to the system.  Is the best
> way to
> use patch for the delta, and a tar file for the new directories?

you could do that, or you could just use diff -N/cvs diff -N to create
a diff that will create the new files for you.  (patch'll even create
the new directories for you.)

personally i'm keen on having one thing to apply with 'patch' that
does everything, but then people have called me odd in the past...
8-)

cgd