Subject: Re: SCSI network
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@lethe.dachau.marco.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/14/1999 14:42:23
In article <199910121536.IAA27741@jericho.one-o.com>,
	eeh@one-o.com (Eduardo E. Horvath) writes:
> The problem with this solution is that target devices cannot initiate
> transfers, so your initiator will need to poll constantly to determine
> if your target has anything to say.  Using AENs still requires the
> initatior respond to selection, so that doesn't help.

I had this sort of working with a aha1542b running in target mode. I used
one lun for reads and the other one for writes. The initiater would just
issue a read to lun 1. The 1542 then would disconnect until it had data
availiable. Writes from the initiator would just go to lun 0. As the 1542's
firmware handles all the target mode stuff on its own, this was pretty easy
to implement. Performance was not so great because the 1542 (or maybe my
pc532) couldn't handle more than about 200-300 transactions/second.

Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41