Subject: Re: SCSI network
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/01/1999 10:43:19

> Paul A Vixie wrote:
>
> > this sounds like RFC 2143, and i was sure that there was already an
> > implementation of it in *BSD somewhere -- but i don't see it now.

Without referring to RFC 2143, I was long intrigued by DEC apparently
configuring two ALPHAs with a single SCSI drive between them and operating
under WinNT as redundant file and compute servers.  It struck me as an
extremely clever "clustering" technique, with great potential.

I must confess I never considered that it may be possible to imitate
this under NetBSD, I guess lack of NT sources obscured my thinking.

But it dovetails nicely with "der Mouse"s speculations.  If anyone wants
to look further into this, I'll happily provide what help I can.

++L