Subject: Re: renaming /boot to /boot_
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/30/1999 00:24:21
In message <199909300302.UAA24874@random.teraflop.com>Ross Harvey writes
[snip lots]

scuse me. No, I dont read source-changes: the s-n ratio never seemed
worth it. But still, I'm not handwaving: I squeezed the original pmax
bootblocks into 7.5K, and. (arguably the original source of the
no-symlink ifdefs) and talked at some length with Simon about the
2-stage pmax bootblocks.

>This probably isn't the most critical issue, at some point I bet Chris
>would rather search subdirectories than argue about it.
>
>But I, for one, am willing to take his word for it. Therefore, alpha boot
>blocks will not be searching subdirectories. :-) :-)

Me neither. I'm not doubting Chris. I *am* trying to increase
everyone's understanding of the issues -- esp. Simon's, since he's
actively trying to fold multiple 2nd-stage bootblocks into one
filesystem.  Sincere apologies if that wasn't clear.