Subject: Re: What happened to the lm75(?) driver?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <eric.delcamp@legrand.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/21/1999 18:32:23
Hi !

Sorry for the time to reply, but I have lots of others problems now.

To avoid most of copyrights problem with Greg A. Wood's work, I rewrote the
driver and give him credits on the header of sources files.
Of course, some of my code is like his code, but I began my work without knowing
his code, and use it to compare the method of building a device driver and
naming of variables or defines. I gave him credits because he helped me and his
driver was more finished than mine.

To answer the question (What happened to ....), my dual-PII motherboard with the
LM78 chip was broken since 4 months, and I couldn't test the last version.
Yesterday, I  bought a new motherboard (MSI 6163Pro) with some Hardware
management chip onboard (don't know what kind), so I could test it.
But unfortunately :
  1) Hardware management chip like lm75, lm78, became more and more popular and
some new models appear on market every days ! It will become hard to find a
generic format to include most of interesting features common to all the chips
;-) (I saw some motherboard with cascading lm75 !!)
  2) I need to find a 1 Gb or less IDE drive to install NetBSD on it (don't want
to trash my old HD in case of the dual-PII will be repaired one day (my
motherboard was under warranty and delay are sooooo looonngg))
  3) I need some time to cleanup the code and to resolve some problems with the
new chips.

Well, I think that late October is a good date to have a stable version.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry if this message is not well formatted, I have absolutely no ideas of
how "Lotus Notes" work ! Enjoy !

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, la Societe
LEGRAND ne peut etre tenue responsable de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
LEGRAND cannot therefore be considered responsible for the contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete
it and notify the sender.