Subject: PS/2 mouse: we have a malloc!
To: None <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>
From: None <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/15/1999 23:13:08
On 15-Aug-99 jiho@mail.c-zone.net wrote:

>> I haven't posted this as a bug fix yet -- I'm not 100%
>> satisfied yet that it is one -- but so far it _seems_
>> to be one....
>
> ...and I just now verified that it _isn't_, when the file
> manager crashed just like before.  Sigh.

And now I think I know why:  the X server _was_ using an
oddball malloc.  It seems about the time I started using the
PS/2 mouse, I rebuilt the X server to use gnumalloc, then
renamed this other malloc to trick the server into using it
instead.  This malloc later was found to have a bug, but by
then I'd forgotten about the server, so I never gave it the
fixed malloc, even, let alone its own malloc back.

What a relief.  That status bit thing never quite made sense.

--Jim Howard  <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>

E-Mail: <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>
Date: 15-Aug-99
Time: 23:13:08