Subject: RE: old PS/2 mouse driver fix?
To: None <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>
From: None <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/15/1999 17:24:44
On 15-Aug-99 jiho@mail.c-zone.net wrote:

> I haven't posted this as a bug fix yet -- I'm not 100%
> satisfied yet that it is one -- but so far it _seems_
> to be one....

...and I just now verified that it _isn't_, when the file
manager crashed just like before.  Sigh.

It can't be the file manager, because it isn't always involved.
It can't be a malloc (I experiment), because the X server and
file manager use different mallocs.  The only consistency is,
it always appears to be triggered by mouse click(s) somewhere,
involving some X client.

So you can see why I thought the PS/2 mouse driver fix looked
promising.  These PCI chip sets do funny things with "legacy"
(ISA) hardware, and the keyboard controller is integrated.

Oh well, forget it.  Back to the drawing board.  Thought I had
a live one....

--Jim Howard  <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>

E-Mail: <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>
Date: 15-Aug-99