Subject: re: KNF for i386 pmap new?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/05/1999 00:21:16
On Wed, 5 May 1999, matthew green wrote:

#
#    Is there a reason why the i386 version of pmap-new is not KNF'd?  I just
#    had a look at Chuck's resident count changes and noticed this...
#
#
# chuck doesn't like KNF.

My reply was going to be a lot more rude but it's late so suffice to say
that rule #1 of porting or hacking applies here:

"If you're gonna play in the big sandbox, it's generally considered bad
 form to kick down someone else's sandcastle to build your own."

In short, if you're coding within an existing project, try to keep with
style, even if it repulses you.

#

				--*greywolf;
--
"I didn't get where I am today without using NetBSD."