Subject: Re: Why no unified pmap module for m68k pmmu?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/29/1999 12:51:04
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:35:48 -0800

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:01:55 -0800
 Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > Okay. But in the meantime we could merge the mac68k/next68k/mvme68k/x68k
 > versions (which are all very similar).  And perhaps, separately, merge
 > the amiga/atari versions.

>No, can we please just leave it alone and let the m68k people who
>have been slowly but surely making some progress on this continue to
>work unhindered?

Jason,

Politely-worded constructive suggestions are not a hindrance.
If it's in hand, fine.

And `slowly but surely' does nothing to fix existing potential
inconsistencies and/or bugs in the pmap code that has diverged.
I'd be happy to constructively discuss the inconsistencies with
anyone who'd like to.