Subject: Pointer on callback from kern to userspace?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/1999 12:44:12
Hi,

I need some examples on how I can implement upcalls from the kernel
to user processes e.g. once per mbuf passing at some routine.

This could be implemented like the tun driver with some read and
write functions like the tun pseudo-interfaces do, but what I
would rather like is to call foo(pointer to mem area,other params ..)
from kernel, where foo() in user space and being told the kernel
earlier (via ioctl e.g.)

Do we already have something like this?

Thanks
 Heiko
--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
"Herr Ober, in dem Kirschkuchen sind ja gar keine Kirschen!"