Subject: Re: delay before cpu_reset()
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/09/1998 10:29:11
>> does some object to this change ?
>
> That would slow the reboot process down even more.   If it were
> interruptible, I guess I wouldn't mind, but otherwise, ick.

It strikes me as the wrong approach.  In many (most?) cases
there will not be a human staring at the console to see whatever
flashes by, plus there is often too much to fit on a screen and/or
memorize anyway.

The real solution is to log the info somewhere.  There is the
serial terminal with lots of scrollback approach, or use a printer,
or a tip/cu line from another machine.

Logging the info on the machine itself depends on what you want to
trust during a panic.  :-(

-Dave