Subject: Re: opinion sought about minor change to error reporting in scsi_base
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/02/1998 23:13:04
On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 08:22:26 +0200
 Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:

 > I'm not sure this means more code duplication: If the semantic you propose is
 > fully implemented, it would mean the generic error handler would never
 > print the sense if there is a device-specific error handler, thus you
 > would have to print the sense in each specific error handler ...

I think what we need here is to fix the return value from the specific
handler ... i.e. return EJUSTRETURN if additional sense information should
NOT be printed (i.e. "it should just return").  Otherwise, the generic
handler does print the sense info.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942