Subject: Re: bus-dma implementation for aic7xxx driver
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/03/1998 10:41:18
On Tue 03 Mar 1998, Noriyuki Soda wrote:
> > I am planning to modify this driver soon (within a week or 2). I was planning
> > to use the implementation of bus_dma in aha.c as an example.
>
> Please make sure that ahc_isa.c doesn't use bounce buffer,
> because it is driver for AHA-284x (VL bus adapter) and doesn't need
> bounce buffering.

I took a look at the isa_bus_dmamap_create() function and it looks like it
uses a flag-value to control bouncing behaviour. This can be changed/added
later as a value passed in the softc structure. If you can provide me with
the info about when to set this flag I will do so. I am however working on
the atari-pci version and have no access to i386 systems with adaptec.
If you have an AHA-284x card, maybe you are willing to preview/test the diffs?
Since I am building this on the first atari bus-dma implementation, some
beta testing on the i386 platform, where bus-dma is already implemented for
some time now, might be very appropriate ;-)

Leo.