Subject: disestablish?
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/17/1998 13:39:35
> From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 23:10:20 -0800
>
> Hi folks...
>
> So, today I sat down and finally finished some work I started over a year
> ago to nuke vfs_conf.c.  Basically, the round of changes to config(8)
> that added the "file-system" keyword were geared towards making the list
> of statically-included file systems generated by config(8), with no need
> for icky #ifdef's.
>
> The changes attached below basically do:
[...]
> 	(4) vfs_establish() and vfs_disestablish() - new functions for adding
> 	    and removing file systems from the kernel's vfs_list.  Used by
> 	    LKM code and vfsinit().

The proposal all looks fine, but the second name above reminds me of a
question I've been meaning to ask:  Why invent words?  (disestablish)
There are perfectly good words like "attach, detach" that we use for
similar purposes in many other places.  Why not use those here?
(Same for intr_disestablish or whatever it is...)