Subject: Re: compat bugfix verification needed
To: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/13/1998 23:35:28
On Fri, Feb 13, 1998 at 03:15:00PM -0500, Scott Bartram wrote:
> If nobody screams, I'll commit this and fix the other affected
> code.

"Scream". I'm not quite sure what you are seeing and are trying to fix,
but this isn't right. What you do here is, take a userspace pointer,
replace it by another userspace pointer for which you don't alloc
enough space, and then you try to copy one to another..

This particular piece of code looks fine to me, it needs no patch
(well, other than that it assumes sizeof(int) == sizeof(void *),
but that's why the system call was replaced in the first place.

What problems are you seeing?

- Frank