Subject: Re: 32 bit dev_t, Revision 3
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/11/1998 21:51:58
At 08:32 PM 1/11/98 -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
>Skip the diffs.  I have some thinking to do on some of the kernel source
>first, but hopefully I can have something decent looking tomorrow anyway.

I'm going for a semi-radical change when we do this:

Can we change bdevsw/cdevsw to be struct Xdevsw *Xdevsw[]; (ie. indirect)
and let drivers register (ie. Xdevsw[PTY_MAJOR] = &pty_bdevsw;).  (or, even
better, have cdevsw_add or bdevsw_add to do the dirty work).

This would doing LKM's and reduce or eliminate the need for conf.c.
Nashua, NH                Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message