Subject: pnp question
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/08/1997 23:08:32
I'm trying to get my sound card working under pnp. It's a OPTi931
chipset card, and fairly full-featured.

My problem is that it boots up in a soundblaster-compatable
mode. I want to run it in a WSS-compatable mode. I have the
documents, and think I know how to do this.

Since it's a PnP card, part of me wants to just leave it at
isapnp_config. But AFAICT that will map in the SB regions, not
the WSS regions.

Can I manually set the chip to WSS mode and then re-scan
it's desired regions, and isapnp_config those regions?

Or should I just blow off isapnp_config and do the mappings manually?

Also, since these regions are re-mappable, would the probe routine
be the right place to try alternate locations? The WSS base can
be located at 530, 640, f40, and e80, the MPU-401 can move, ...

Take care,

Bill

P.S. The SB mappings are: 534/4, 380/12, 220/16, e0c/4 and I think
the WSS mappings will be: 530/8, 380/12, e0c/4.