Subject: Re: What's up with config?
To: None <alanp@phcnet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/20/1997 10:04:26
alanp wrote:

> Thanks for all the helpful notes.  It looks like I got my kernel
> sources from the wrong place for what I want to do and that is the
> root of my problem.
>
> Once I confirm that I can build kernels again, I would like to
> transition my system to -current.  What is the best way to go about
> this?

Well, I don't know about the best way, but on the mac68k port, we have
somewhat frequent binary snapshots of -current available, so I just
install those (and a -current kernel) and run from there.  Once you have
-current binaries, it's fairly simple to build a -current kernel ;-)

> What mailing list(s) should I be on?  What else should I
> know about running -current?

If you subscribe to current-users@netbsd.org, that's usually sufficient to
keep track of most gotchas.

I hope this helps.