Subject: Re: bus_space_*map in isapnpvar.h
To: None <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/05/1997 12:17:59
>Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 20:48:02 -0400
>From: "Gary D. Duzan" <gary@wheel.tiac.net>

>/usr/sys/dev/isapnp/isapnpvar.h has the following lines #ifndef _KERNEL:
>
># define bus_space_map(a, b, c, d, e)   0
># define bus_space_unmap(a, b, c)
>
>Do we really want that here? I was trying to build a user space utility
>to test some I/O stuff and these definitions collided with the ones in
>bus.h. If we really want to disable bus space mapping when not in the
>kernel, I'd expect that should go in bus.h, not in isapnpvar.h.

These definitions are specific to isapnp; christos originally
developed the isapnp code in userland before putting it into the
kernel.  However, those particular redefinitions don't really need to
be there; dummy functions can be defined in the userland code
instead.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel