Subject: The vm_map features inside the kernel.
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joshua Dinerstein <forge@netbsd.warped.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/30/1997 14:09:25
	Hi all,

	I have recently been looking over the vm_map features within the
kernel. Is this the correct way to allocate "user_land" memory from
within a new feature within the kernel?

	If so are there any limits to the type of memory that can be
allocated within this system?

	Limits like:

	1- block sizes in allocation? (Multiples of some size etc...)

	2- Multiple allocations? Can several seperate allocation calls be
made within the same vm... (Crud I just forgot the name of the main vm
variable type.)

	And I guess lastly are there any specifics to be aware of in
using these things? Either good, bad, or just plain guidelines.

	As always if any of this is documented anywhere I would love a
pointer to where it is stored. :)

	Thanks A Million,
	Joshua