Subject: Re: serial port silo overflow repair
To: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/1997 20:09:25
On Tue, Jul 29, 1997 at 09:59:51AM -0700, Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:
> SPARC timers can be set to auto-reset at a certain value.  I don't
> know if the sparc port uses them this way.  However, they only have a 1us
> resolution and may not be very well tuned.

It is possible to do self-calibration by temporarily adjusting the timer
auto-reset value at certain intervals.  I have made a very accurate clock
this way (but you need NTP or some such to get a reference to calculate
the calibration value).  Well, now I have drifted far from the original
subject and will shutdown for a while. ;)

  -jm