Subject: Q's from if_detach work
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/15/1997 17:04:20
Hello,

The changes to support if_detach are moving along, but I've come across
some puzzles, and am looking for suggestions.

The main question is that the atm code seems to change the interface
on a received packet arbitrarily. In sys/net/if_atmsubr.c, in
atm_input (around line 236 or so), in the #ifdef NATM section,
m->m_pkthdr.rcvif gets set to rxhand. But what is rxhand? Do we loose
contact with the interface from which this packet came?

I ask as we now need to be careful about throwing away ifnet references.

Other q: I've got a tentative routine to walk the routing tables and
delete straggling routes. But I'm not sure how to actually delete the
route. I looked in the headers, and didn't see a routine for, "here's
the rtentry, delete it."

Take care,

Bill