Subject: pcmcia patches in current (6/30/97)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/02/1997 12:54:30
Is anyone else using the pcmcia patches in a relatively current
kernel?

After hacking the Makefiles in floppies directory I've managed to get
an SSTO-like kernel booted on a Toshiba T4800CT.  It even sees and can
(sort of) use the PCMCIA connected 3com 3c589 ethernet card.

The problem is that any network activity runs a very high risk of a
panic in the vm_* code.  I can ftp out and do an ls on the server, but
the laptop usually panics before the ls listing finishes.

Also pinging out meets with a strange error.  The first ping works
just fine, the next one gets a message (from memory) "ping: failed to
clear route cache".  The machine will then usually panic within a
short time.

Does this ring any bells?  I wish the d*mn screen wouldn't clear so
fast so that I could write down the full kprinf.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>         http://www.wsrcc.com/
Fun anti-spam tactic:  http://www.hotwired.com/packet/97/23/index3a.html