Subject: Re: tsleep while cold can be avoided!
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/25/1997 18:33:50
> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:19:22 -0800
> From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
>
> [cpu_rootconf() change]
>
> Sounds OK to me. But given Jason's semi-recent changes to a more
> uniform and MI setroot/conf/swapconf, does this even need to be
> CPU-dependent?  Can it be made MI?

It could easily be structured differently.  I just tried to keep
the changes small so it would be easy to describe the proposal.
On the sun3 I moved the findroot/setroot stuff into rootconf()
just because I thought it made configure() less cluttered.
(OK, so I thought it looked pretty that way! 8^)

Perhaps we could insert three functions before the vfs_mountroot
call, like this:  (instead of just the one shown previously)
	cpu_rootconf();
	cpu_swapconf();
	cpu_dumpconf();

and put the findroot/setroot stuff in cpu_rootconf().  Whatever.

Gordon