Subject: Re: man 9 (was splsched() )
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/03/1997 13:16:16
[only marginally tech-kern, but has to do w/ documenting the
kernel innards]

> Producing a good man page is slow. Producing a bad one takes five
> minutes, and it can be improved with time.

Is there a good description for how to write a man page? I mean how
to deal w/ all the formating? I know LaTeX for work, and find it more
natural than what I've seen of man page innards. I think the big
difference is man pages seem to need to start a line to delimit
certain formatting chages. That just strikes me as cumbersum.

Is there a macro that can take something like RTF and turn it into
a man page? That might make writing man pages more accessable for
the masses, and get us more man pages. :-)

Take care,

Bill