Subject: Looking for fdc-docs
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/22/1996 16:36:26
Hi,

	Does anyone on this list have some docs on the pc floppy controller?
Book references or pointers to ftp-able stuff are also appreciated.
(Yes, I also contacted the manufacturer but with zero result so far :-( )

The exact problem:

	In my new atari, I have a WD37C65 fdc-chip. This chip should be compatible
to the 'standard' chip found in the i386-pc's. So, I thought to grab the
i386 floppy driver, correct the register locations and off we go....not :-(
Everything works but the read/write. The atari uses pdma eq. each byte
that the fdc wants to transfer causes an interrupt. Whatever I try, I just
don't get an interrupt after the read/write command is transferred to the
fdc.
Ideas about a solution are also appreciated ;-)

Leo.