Subject: Help with modload
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/26/1996 16:55:04
	Hello.  I'm trying to build a working afs client for NetBSD 1.2_BETA and
1.2.  (This is using the work of John Kohl and Derik Atkins at MIT)  I have
the libafs.o module built, but am having trouble running it through
modload.  I have a kernel which doesn't have DDB enabled on it and on which
the modload works.  Unfortunately, if I use a kernel with DDB in it, I get
the following:

#/sbin/modload -o /usr/vice/etc/dkload/netbsd_afs -eafsmodload /usr/vice/etc/dkload/libafs.o

ld: /usr/vice/etc/dkload/libafs.o: nonexternal relocation invalid
modload: can't prelink `/usr/vice/etc/dkload/libafs.o' creating `/usr/vice/etc/dkload/netbsd_afs'
ld -A /netbsd -e _afsmodload -o /usr/vice/etc/dkload/netbsd_afs -T 0 /usr/vice/etc/dkload/libafs.o
Bad system call - core dumped
	Can anyone tell me what this message is trying to convey?
I was under the impression that lodable modules should work acros multiple
kernels, as long as the symbols were defined?
-thanks
-Brian