Subject: Re: i386 interrupt counters
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/13/1996 16:37:30
> > Because for the Alpha i copied a fair bit of code whole-sale from the
> > i386 port, without checking and excising brokenness...
>
> Oops!
> I see.
>
> Your point is
> 	- "ih_count" member of "struct intrhand" should be removed.
> 	- ALL device drivers which use interrupt should have "struct
> 	  evcnt" on it's softc, and increment it on interrupt handler.
> OK ?

Pretty much.

I'd prefer to see a better interrupt counting mechanism that could
properly display interrupt hierarchies, too, though.  (doing the work
listed above will help if that code ever comes into being... but until
it comes into being, if you're also keeping per-line counts, the
totals will be screwed up.)

cgd