Subject: MP (was Re: VXLOCK race? )
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/10/1996 23:36:27
>is anybody actively working on this (SMP)?
I hope to start something shortly. I am a 5 processor machine here
and only being able to run NetBSD/arm32 on one processor is a tad
frustrating.
So far my primary goal has been getting the NetBSD/arm32 port merged into
the source tree etc.
Multiprocessor support one of the major things that I need to tackle.
In the case of NetBSD/arm32 the multiprocessor configuration is not SMP
but is 1 master with 4 slave processors.

I was hoping that there would be others working on multiprocessor support
as it looks like a fairly big undertaking.

Cheers.,
				Mark
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716