Subject: Warnings in nfsv3 code--buggy gcc?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/28/1996 23:00:35
I'm trying to compile a kernel on the mac with -Wall -Werror
-Wstrict-prototypes and -Wmissing-prototypes (copied from Makefile.sparc).
I can't, however, get past nfs_serv.c and nfs_socket.c because
gcc complains:

../../../../nfs/nfs_socket.c: In function `nfs_timer':
../../../../nfs/nfs_socket.c:1243: warning: `cur_usec' might be used uninitialized in this function

(the warning in nfs/nfs_serv.c was for a variable of the same name)
As far as I can tell by looking at the code, this is a completely bogus
warning.  Has anyone else run across this?  Does anyone know enough
about gcc to know how this might be happening?  Could it be related to
the fact that cur_usec is a u_quad_t?

Thanks,
-allen

--