Subject: exec_elf.c
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/1996 00:36:15
Well, I assume that all people concerned are subscribed to this list.

I'm now at the point regarding shared libs for mips that i need to
select the path for fixing exec_elf.c or the mips elf.c code.
ld.so loads, initializes but now need the aux args...

a) mips/elf.c dosen't set up auxinfo and loads interpreters.

b) exec_elf.c does not do demand paging.

Ok, i'll probably do some kind of merge between the two. But:

1) why isn't exec_elf.c doing demand paging? mips/elf.c does it
   at least on text segments. so what's the catch? some experimenting
   with mips/elf.c to demand page the data segment did not work out
   well. Any hints before i dive into the vm code?