Subject: Real time scheduling in the kernel
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/13/1996 13:25:10
Folks,
        I have a mate that is wanting to know if there is any support for
real time processes in the kernel - that is a process that, once
started, is guarenteed to run to completion without interruption.  My
mate says that he was talking with a guy who was hacking on the kernel
before 4.2bsd came out and this guy was saying that putting the
support in was no big deal.

I suspect that, from what I have seen, that this support is not there.
Am I correct on this?  If I am, is there anyone with this on a "to do"
list? (I am not pushing, just curious ;-)

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.