Subject: how kernel deals with suid scripts
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Travis Hassloch x231 <travis@EvTech.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/29/1996 13:08:37
Just like it says.  How does it deal with suid scripts?
Any thoughts on optimal situations?  Passing as open FD 0?

I know this has been covered, but I can't remember, and I don't think it's
in the FAQ...

IMHO, there should be a "porter's FAQ", telling you about how to configure
software... note that I'm not volunteering to write it :) not yet anyway.
Topics should include the stdio library, overlapping memcpy's, everything
about file locking, subsystems like mail, the major gid's and how they are
utilized, and all the stuff PERL tests for in Configure :)
There is a definite area of "hard-won" knowledge that falls in the gap
between manpages, FAQ, and Leffler's book.
--
travis@evtech.com | P=NP if (P=0 or N=1)
``Having a great potential means having further to fall before hitting ground''