Subject: Re: Clean bit bits
To: Wayne Berke <berke@panix.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/16/1996 13:23:26
According to Wayne Berke:

>In any case, fsck would have to be modified to compare this data with
>the configuration file to determine when to do the full check.  We could
>either add a specific flag for this or make it the default behavior when
>fsck is invoked with no FS arguments.  In this way fsck is the only program
>to either read or write the superblock counts and the rc command is kept
>simple.

As for the configuration file, why not just add another field into the
fstab record?  If we put the full check count as the last field of the
fstab entry.  If fsck cannot find the last field then it does not do
full checks, this also provides a compatiability mode for fstab
entries from other BSD machines....

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.