Subject: Re: changes to dkdevice
To: Charles Hannum <Charles-Hannum@deshaw.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/07/1995 12:32:23
On Tue, 7 Nov 1995 15:25:33 -0500
 Charles Hannum <Charles-Hannum@deshaw.com> wrote:

 > 1) I'd rename `dkdevice' to `disk', as the old name isn't entirely
 > appropriate any more.

Yah ... Ok, can do.

 > 2) The same thing needs to be done for ttys.

Yah, I agree that tty's need to behave this way, too, and as you and I
have discussed before, they sould probably be allocated along with the
device's softc structure.  I'm probably not going to have the time to
implement the tty stuff at the moment, since the disk issue is rather
pressing.  However, once the disk model is in place, it should be easy to
munge it for ttys.