Subject: Controlling terms
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/10/1995 23:19:25
Having a 'pccons' device or 'ttyv0' and the normal 'console'
creates some funny behaviour. Opening and closing the 'pccons'
device makes the 'console' device lose it's controlling terminal
status. No wonder since they are separate nodes but causes
confusion for the shell.

This 'problem' occured for me when i was trying to 'mmap' the
graphics board used by the console when starting X. Mmapping
'pccons' works ok, but when exiting X the console is frown.

I don't need a solution, i'm gonna change the mapping strategy
anyway. But doesn't this happen on pc's as well ?

Per