Subject: Re: bootp
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/05/1995 14:00:35
According to Simon Burge:

>If swap was defined wholy in fstab and not kernel configuration, then
>it should be simple to find your swap device(s) from there before you
>need to swap, no?

Sounds good as long at the kernel does not make a blithe assumption
that since root is nfs then swap must be nfs.  This is what Sun does,
to get around it you have to config the swap device into the kernel.
If NetBSD avoids this ugliness it would be very nice.

"It's fifteen hundred miles to Ankh-Morpork" he said.  "We've got
three hundred and sixty three elephants, fifty carts of forage, the
monsoon's about to break and we're wearing ... we're wearing ... sort
of things, like glass, only dark... dark glass things on our eyes..."
        - Terry Pratchett "Moving Pictures".