Subject: Re: another kdump problem
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles Hannum <mycroft@deshaw.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/1995 22:11:47
In article <199508260044.UAA18674@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU (der Mouse) writes:

   Wouldn't it be better to have ktrace emit a special record the first
   time any given <emulation,syscall> pair is emitted, giving the name of
   that syscall?

It would be simpler and more efficient to just have it dump the entire
syscall list at the beginning of the output file.  It's probably
smaller than the code to keep track of which syscalls have been used,
so it's not as if this will be a problem.

   Of course, still better - at least in some respects - would be for me
   to get off my tush and port my ptrace changes to -current, so we can
   have _real_ syscall tracing :-/

Go for it.  B-)