Subject: packet filtering for an interface.
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@vitruvius.arbld.unimelb.edu.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/10/1995 00:37:31
I'm close to completing packet filtering, per interface, using BPF (i.e.
libpcap), for NetBSD, at the interface level.  I don't believe that it
will work successfully for pure IP packets (no link level header), but
would welcome being corrected on this :)

All that is left to do is find the correct place to filter the packets
(and test :).

I notice that for BPF, each driver does its own call to bpf_mtap().
Are there any plans to move this (and reorganise some drivers) ?
Is there a reason why bpf_mtap() isn't in if_ethersubr.c, for example ?

Also, is there any point in trying to make this part of the code more
device independant ?  To add the filtering in, I'd *really* prefer not
to patch lots and lots of device drivers...

darren