Subject: Re: sun-lamp CVS commits
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/1995 09:17:14
On Wed, 28 Jun 1995 01:42:36 +1000
 matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

 > is there some way we can put the common code in these two
 > zs.c's (and any others?  does the amiga use it?) in a
 > common place?  i've seen so many of these messages go by
 > so far, and it's scary to think what has been missed  :-).

Yeah -- I'd imagine there's _lots_ of code that can be shared -- probably
most conficts that exist can be taken care of with macros, or whatever,
or really-platform-specific routines (like driver match/attach) could be
kept in separate files (in the ${arch}/dev directory), or maybe the Sun
ports could take the path the isa ports have taken, and have, say, a
vme_machdep.c and an obio_machdep.c ... Dunno -- just ideas...

 > maybe if it is sun hardware specific, sys/dev/sun ?

Utah did something similar with HP-specific stuff...