Subject: Instrumentation in the kernel...
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: George Neville-Neil <gnn@abekas.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/1994 16:05:40
Hi Folks,

	I hope this is the right place to mail this.

	I'm looking at doing some kernel modifications (adding
services that I think are interesting) and I'd like to know where to
start looking for information on the current state of instrumentation
in the kernel.  This will allow me to measure to the impact of changes
that I make.

	I gather that the -p option to config is still supported and
that kgmon is available with the source?  Sorry I only have the 4.3
manuals thus far, so my information may be out of date.  I'll get the
4.4 manuals soon.

	I'm still working on getting the machines/source set up, but I
thought I'd ask now, before I start adding stuff.

Later,
George