Subject: Re: Making UFS optional
To: None <tech-kern@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/04/1994 14:50:54
> hmm.  it would make the most sense to put it into libkern, given the
> problem with figuring out when it gets included...
>
> Perhaps it's appropriate to split libkern (e.g. via a subdir) into
> "libc-derived code" and "kernel code."

OK, I'll use a separate lib/libkern/kernel subdirectory for this.
(But I'll leave the other routines where they are for now).

I have some additional routines for this kernel library directory, namely
C-coded versions of {f,s}u[i]{byte,[s]word} routines, that could be used
if some port doesn't have assembly coded versions in locore.s.

Note, that the su[i][s]word routines in at least the 386 locore.s are
incorrect. They don't work correctly if the word laps over a page boundary.

Probably, the addupc routine should be included here, too (as it has the same
problem on the 386), but I don't have a working version yet.
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) +49-228-985800