Subject: What? No keyboard leds?
To: None <tech-kern@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@mulga.awadi.com.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/06/1993 20:26:16
Schlepping around in the NetBSD 0.9 console driver I noticed that
there is support for letting X do a beep but no support for driving
the keyboard leds via an ioctl.  Has anyone done this?  If not I can
belt in a few patches, along with a tidy up for that *disgusting* hack
for the X_BELL.

How about creating a new system .h file that defines the ioctl's for
the keyboard leds and bell?  Something like kbd.h....

"Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vaccuum tubes
and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vaccuum
tubes and perhaps weigh 1 1/2 tons."
                -- Popular Mechanics, March 1949