Re: FYI about console sizes

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 10:42:59PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> Another machine with Ryzen built-in graphics sets the font to a much smaller
> font, so that's not the issue. However, this other system doesn't have a
> serial port, so I'm not given the option to select a serial console, which
> seems... wrong. Systems used for install can be and often are different from
> systems used for running.

That is not (and never has been) supported very well by sysinst.
It tries to answer many questions (that would be hard to understand
by new or non-expert users) by looking at the machine it is running
on.

In your case I guess it is the boot method (UEEFI vs. BIOS) that makes
the difference, as for UEFI you would have to select serial console in
the UEFI setup, while for BIOS we can do it in the bootloader.

Martin