Re: MBR table looks strange after the installation

On Sun, Jul 04, 2021 at 06:32:43PM +0100, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
> The installer sees the MBR table, it creates a NetBSD (type 0xa9)
> partition just after the FAT partition and even copies the FAT MBR
> partition into the NetBSD disklabel automatically:

The installer is confused about the boot disk being partitioned with
MBR (as required on this platform) on a port (mips) where we do not
usually wrap disklabel-inside-MBR (like x86, where the 'c' partition
is used for the MBR NetBSD partition of the disk and 'd' is the raw/whole
disk partition).

We have similar issues on arm platforms, but special code to deal with it
there.

I'll have a look (don't have an easily testable mipsn64 setup right now,
so will take a bit).

Martin