Re: Rollbackto .tgz proposal

> 1. They introduce inconsistency between ports and versions, this breaks
> upgrade scripts.

What's the exact problem on the upgrade scripts itself?
I only see on documentation or "out of swap" problem on 64MB alpha.

> 2. Overflowing .iso/.img files on the switched ports is unimportant
> these days as ~everybody installs in a VM or with USB. Buying CDR is
> almost as hard as buying floppies these days.

As mentioned by martin@ in PR/55751, it was necessary for sparc64,
the only practical bootstrap method is booting from the internal
SCSI CD-ROM drive.

I also agree it's easier to suggest to use network to fetch whole
sets these days, but it requires extra build settings
(bootalbe CD without sets etc.) and documentation.

Maybe it's enough to switch amd64 to USE_XZ_SETS=no, as alpha?

---
Izumi Tsutsui