Re: NetBSD netboot with maximal cross-architecture sharing

> Taking an example from my own network, I have both sun3 and hp300 hardware o$

Well, past NetBSD versions would actually distribute (for example) sun3
sets, hp300 sets, and 68k sets - the sun3 and hp300 directories had
symlinks to paths of the form ../m68k/XXX for the tarballs that were
shared across all 68k ports.

If that's still being done (I haven't looked), or using past versions
as a guide if not, maybe that would be a good first approximation to
what can be shared across 68k ports?

> - /home to be fully shared among all my systems running NetBSD

Heh.  Personally, I've had to do this in the past and it drives me
bonkers, because it makes it impossible for me to keep compiled
binaries under my homedir without some really ugly hacks (or, on recent
versions, if the admin is cooperative[%] and they turn out to not break
too much else, help from magiclinks).

[%] Of course, if these are single-human systems, this is a given.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign