Re: [Feature Request] UUID in fstab.

On Mar 30,  3:06pm, Utkarsh Anand wrote:
} 30.03.2018, 14:59, "S.P.Zeidler" <spz%netbsd.org@localhost>:
} > Thus wrote Utkarsh Anand (utkarsh009%yandex.com@localhost):
} >
} >>  Oh! I'd have loved it, if it were the case, at all. Alas, linux also
} >>  has a command line utility blkid(8) to easily get the UUIDs:
} >>  https://linux.die.net/man/8/blkid
} >
} > Yes, so? the issue is not "what is the UUID of that new partition"
} > but having to add 40 of them to an fstab without the ability to use
} > cut & paste or the letters <>|, because the <censored> IDRAC console
} > did not allow either.
} > This is not a hypothetical example, this is Real Life (tm).
} >
} > regards,
} >         spz
}
} As, I already mentioned, those are to be added while installation just
} like linux does. That's what I'm asking for. When /etc/fstab is
} generated at the end of installation, instead of putting in, say,
} /dev/wd0a, put the UUID (automatically, by default, just like linux).

     Exactly what UUID would that be anyways?  And, where would it
be stored?

} As for the specifics of how to accomplish this, or the problems that we
} might encounter, as I said, I still haven't looked into it, although, it
} appears to be fairly simple.

     Really?  If it's so simple, why don't you do it, and get back
to us with a patch?  And, remember, this is being done for MBR
labelled disks.

}-- End of excerpt from Utkarsh Anand