Re: [Feature Request] UUID in fstab.

Hello Utkarsh,

Thus wrote Utkarsh Anand (utkarsh009%yandex.com@localhost):

> As, I already mentioned, those are to be added while installation just
> like linux does. That's what I'm asking for. When /etc/fstab is
> generated at the end of installation, instead of putting in, say,
> /dev/wd0a, put the UUID (automatically, by default, just like linux).
> As for the specifics of how to accomplish this, or the problems that we
> might encounter, as I said, I still haven't looked into it, although, it
> appears to be fairly simple.

I pointed out what a PITA UUIDs instead of human readable name labels
are on Linux.

While this is tech-install, for most systems there is a purpose after
installation, and that purpose may entail changes.

We should not set up any element of the OS such that the only sane method,
when you need to do a trivial change like add a partition, is to reinstall
it from scratch.

regards,
	spz