Re: lvm sysinst patch

On Jan,Sunday 4 2009, at 11:42 PM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Adam Hamsik wrote:
Any comments ?

Is offering the menu item really worth the increase in space for the ramdisk? If there's a deeper thought, then this should be reflected in the install docs, at least ("If you intend to use LVM, do ...").

I have prepared lvm chapter about LVM for the NetBSD guide and I will add installation part when I will be sure how it will be done. There are still some problems to solve because our sysinst doesn't
support multiple disks instalation. Patch is located here [1].

Having LVM documented in the NetBSD Guide could go as a nice alternative for this (Have a chapter "How to install a system with LVM enabled" in the Guide, and the reference this in the install docs).

Right now, I wouldn't know what to do.

[1]http://www.netbsd.org/~haad/lvm_doc.diff

Regards

Adam.